The list of immigrant visas is as follows. You can get detailed information about each type of visa from the website of USCIS.

  • EB-1 Extraordinary Ability & Managers
  • EB-2 Advanced Degrees & NIW
  • EB-3 Bachelor's Degree & Skilled Workers
  • PERM
  • EB-4 Religious Workers
  • EB-5 Investors
  • Green Card Through Marriage
  • Green Card Through Family
  • Green Card DV Lottery
  • Refugee/Political Asylum
  • I-485/FP/EAD/AP/AC21

Fingerprinting for US Immigration


Most applicants who are 12 years and 9 months or older need to be fingerprinted in order to travel to the U.S. You will receive an appointment for fingerprint by mail. Most USCIS offices and consulates provide fingerprinting services. To find an application support center near you that provides fingerprinting service call 1-800-375-5283 or visit the locator site.

Visa Bulletin

Visa Bulletin offers the most current cut-off dates for visa eligibility based on country and date of filing. See the most up-to-date cut-off dates and other visa news at the link above.

Immigrant visa FAQs

1. What is an immigrant visa? 
An immigrant visa is permission granted by the U.S. government for a citizen of a foreign country based that person's approval of a petition to immigrate to the U.S. based on a family or business sponsor.

2. Can I work in the U.S. on an immigrant visa?
In most cases, the answer is yes. When you come to the U.S. as an immigrant you are eligible to work as long as you meet the local employment laws.

3. Can I bring my family members with me?
You can bring your spouse and minor children with you as long as you included them in your petition or a separate petition if required.

4. Can my family members work in the US?
In most cases, the answer is yes. When you bring your family to the U.S. as immigrants they are eligible to work as long as they meet the local employment laws.

5. Which family members am I not allowed to bring?
You are not allowed to bring anyone except your spouse and minor children. Your parents, siblings, and sons and daughters who are not minors require their own petitions, which you can sponsor if you are eligible to sponsor beneficiaries.

6. What type of vaccinations do we need to have?

Before an immigrant visa can be issued, you need to submit proof of having been vaccinated for the following vaccines:

  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Influenza type b (Hib)
  • Measles
  • Meningococcal
  • Mumps
  • Pneumococcal
  • Pertussis
  • Polio
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
  • Varicella